Identification and
Address verification

We are centred in one of New Zealand’s most productive regions.

New Anti-Money Laundering legislation requires us to collect more information from our clients. Bringing the following documents to your meeting with your lawyer will enable us to check your identity, your name and your address. There are two parts to this request.

Part One

Please choose from ONE of the following for acceptable identity documents:

  • Option 1: 

    ONE of the following primary photographic forms of identification:

    • Current New Zealand Passport
    • Current New Zealand Certificate of Identity
    • New Zealand Refugee Travel Document
    • Current New Zealand Firearms Licence
    • Current overseas Passport
    • Current National Identity Card, issued by a foreign government, containing name, date of birth, photograph and signature
    • (translation may be necessary)
  • Option 2:

    Current New Zealand Drivers Licence

    AND ONE of the following forms of identification:

    • Current bank card issued by a registered bank, embossed with your name and with your signature
    • Statement issued by a registered bank dated within the last 12 months
    • SuperGold card showing your name and signature
    • Government-issued letter, e.g. statement from Inland Revenue Department, dated within the last 12 months
    • New Zealand birth certificate
    • Full overseas birth certificate
  • Option 3:

    ONE of the following primary  non-photographic forms of identification:

    • Full New Zealand birth certificate
    • Full overseas birth certificate
    • Certificate of New Zealand Citizenship
    • Overseas Citizenship Certificate

    AND ONE of the following  photographic forms of identification:

    • Current New Zealand drivers licence
    • HANZ 18+ Card
    • Current International Driving Permit and a Licence from another country (translation may be necessary)

Part Two

Please choose ONE of the following list for address verification (please note that we require original documents and dated within the last 3 months):

    • Utility bill
    • Rates bill
    • Bank account statement
    • Government or Government Dept. document
    • Local Council notification/demand
    • Court document
    • Rental tenancy agreement
    • IRD tax notice/certificate
    • Companies Office records
    • Electronic yellow pages
    • Electronic white pages
    • Electoral roll papers
    • Insurance policy document
    • Car registration notification/demand
    • Non bank financial institution statement
    • Educational institution letter from educational facility must be on letterhead paper and signed by person in authority confirming residential address
    • Employer provided accommodation letter
    • Host letter
    • Short term accommodation letter
    • Student accommodation letter
    • Minors – guardian verification include
      • matching parent name on birth certificate to parent address verification; or
      • letter from parent or guardian & parent or guardian address verification; or
      • parent or guardian presenting themselves & address verification at branch

HELPFUL HINT – It would be useful for us to have a bank deposit slip or a printout, stamped by your bank, verifying the bank account number that you will use for your transaction.